How to Renew Your Fiji Passport While Living in the USA
Renew Your Fiji Passport
Are you a Fiji national living in the United States and in need of a passport renewal? Passport renewal can be confusing and time-consuming, but don’t worry! We’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll provide all the details you need to know about renewing your Fiji passport while living in the US.
We’ll cover everything from preparation tips and what documents to bring to renewal fees and where to send your application.
Ready? Let’s dive right in!
Who Is Eligible for a Fiji Passport Renewal?
If you are a citizen of Fiji and you currently live in the United States, then you may be eligible to renew your existing Fiji passport or apply for a new one while living in the US.
To be eligible, your existing passport must have been issued at least six months ago, and you must provide proof that you are a permanent resident in the US or have valid immigration status.
Additionally, if your current passport was issued when you were under the age of 18 years old and if it is more than 5 years old, then it must be renewed.
What Documents Are Required for Fiji Passport Renewal?
Applying for a new Fiji passport while in the US requires several documents. From your existing passport to proof of residency, you’ll need to make sure that you have all the necessary paperwork.
Here is a checklist of what you’ll need:
- Your current, valid Fiji passport and a photocopy of the Information page
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (All applicants are required to provide passport photographs which meet the specific requirements set out by the Fijian Embassy. The photos must be taken against a white background with no shadows visible, and they should feature a full-face view with no sunglasses or hats.)
- Payment: either a money order or credit card application form (you must include the processing fee)
- Proof of your US residency status: for example, a copy of your work visa, Permanent Resident Card, or US driver’s license
- A completed application form that you can acquire from the Consular Officer at the Embassy.
- You will also need to provide documents such as your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or Naturalization Certificate to prove your Fijian citizenship.
Before submission, double-check all these documents. You must include them in your application package. Accompanying an incomplete application may result in delays and lead to refusal. Now that you know what’s required, let’s look at how to apply.
How to Complete the Fiji Passport Renewal Application
Ready to get started with your Fiji passport renewal? Start by downloading, filling out, and signing the form.
You’ll need to submit this form, along with two passport-style photos, a copy of your existing passport, and a money order made out to the ‘Embassy of Fiji.’ It’s important to note that the Embassy of Fiji only accepts money orders.
To make sure you complete the application correctly:
- Double check all the information you provide on the application form is accurate
- Submit clear copies of all required documents (e.g., passports and photos)
- Confirm that your signatures match on your application form as well as on your existing passport
- Include an appropriate fee in a money order payable to “Embassy of Fiji”—the Embassy does not accept cash or checks
- Enclose a self-addressed envelope with pre-paid postage for return delivery if you want the Embassy to send it back through the mail
- Include a separate payment for any shipping charges if you don’t want it sent back via mail
- Submit your application package by mail to The Embassy of Fiji in Washington D.C. or in person at their office
Filling out and submitting this application is only one piece of the puzzle—you still need additional documents (like proof of identity) before they issue you a new passport!
Be sure to review all forms carefully before submitting them so that nothing goes wrong on either end—your new passport should be ready in 6-8 weeks after they receive your completed forms package!
Where to Submit Your Fiji Passport Renewal Application in the USA
Renewing your Fiji passport in the United States isn’t hard, but it does require planning and taking the proper steps. Here is where you can start the process:
Fiji Embassy in Washington D.C.
The first step is to contact the Fiji Embassy in Washington D.C., which oversees all passport issues for Fiji citizens living in the United States. You will need to fill out a renewal form, provide supporting documents and pay a fee for your renewal. The address is:
Suite 515, 1825 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
United States of America
If you aren’t able to visit the Embassy in person, you can mail your completed application along with copies of all supporting documents and fees to their Chicago office:
Fiji Consulate General – Chicago
150 North Michigan Avenue-Suite 3125 Chicago IL 60601 United States of America
You can also opt for one of the many Honorary Consulates across the USA. Please check their website for details on locations and contact information.
Once your renewal application is processed and approved, your new passport will be mailed directly to you from Fiji, so ensure you complete all sections on the application accurately!
Renewing your Fiji passport can be a complicated process, but it doesn’t have to be. The key is to plan ahead, be well-informed and have all required documents on hand.
With these steps in mind, you can successfully and quickly begin the passport renewal process, have your passport returned to you, and move on with your life.
What documents do I need to provide to renew my Fiji passport in the USA?
You’ll need to submit two passport-style photos along with an application form, a valid Fiji driver’s license, proof of citizenship, and date of birth.
Do I need to get my documents translated?
Yes—any documents that aren’t in English must be professionally translated into English before submitting them.
Where do I go to get my application processed?
The Embassy of Republic of Fiji in Washington D.C., USA for processing.